Hello, it’s March, and I (again) almost completely missed the Lymphedema Awareness Month which is right now. Update on my progress with chronic lymphedema & lipedema in my legs.
As there are so many Awareness Months for so many illnesses, I stopped paying attention to them. But I would promote and celebrate a Health Awareness Month!!! Can someone tell please, when is that?
Okay, a quick update on my progress.
Since the last update on my progress, these are the changes:
1. My feet are much better: The left foot is hardly ever swollen any more, at all! The right foot is better, too: much less puffy and it fits into the shoes much easier.
2. Skin problem gone: The rough, dry, grey patch on my knee disappeared, my skin is normal.
3. Weight normalizing: I lost another 2 or 3 kilos.
4. Pelvic edema became much smaller.
The swelling in my legs is fluctuating, still a lot to do.
Pretty much that’s all – but it’s pretty good, isn’t it?
What am I doing?
I must confess that in some regard, I became lazy… Which means lot of room for improvement, hahaha!
Since a few months I stopped dry brushing which I know was good and made a difference. I was staying in a place where the bathroom was a bit cold, so I just hopped right into the hot shower.
I also eat more carbs than what would be good.
Anyway, my condition is still getting better and that’s what counts!
Things that I do:
1. I drink a lot of water with a little salt (Himalayan salt, or when I spend my time in Karlovy Vary where I am right now, I enjoy its thermal springs, loaded with minerals);
2. I am using a holistic method called Autopathy. It is a combination of Homeopathy and Buddhist philosophy, and if you are open to those, I recommend you to check out their website and try it. Rather simple, without any side effects (detox phenomena might occur), – and ridiculously inexpensive!
This is what I mentioned earlier shortly, in the post of Lymphedema leaking? A simple method of Autopathy can stop it in no time In fact, the leakage stopped within about 3 hours or less, instead of the “normal” 2 days or so, therefore you definitely want to have this information. The link again: www.autopathy.info.
I will write more about my experiences with Autopathy. It’s been terrific, for the most various physical and psychical issues, like skin problems, anti ageing, various pains, my fathers recent death…
As for my legs, a tremendous, tremendous emotional charge lifted off that had been bothering me for decades.
3. In addition to the compression stockings I wear, I also wrap my legs for the hours of the day that I spend in a horizontal position. I am not 100% conviced if it is indeed very helpful, because already early in the evening I can’t wait to take the bandages off and when I do, it’s a great relief. On the other hand, the extra compression does feel nice when I put them on – so, I don’t know.
Basically, that’s all what I am doing for my legs, at the moment.
As for movement, exercise: I am on my feet a lot, singing several hours almost every day and when I perform, I do light dancing moves almost constantly, so that I don’t just stand. And just for the fun of it 🙂
Plus, I walk and do a little hiking.
Not much more to say at the moment; well, I hope it was helpful at least a little bit.
Have you ever tried any of these steps for lymphedema or lipedema? What were the results?